Monday, November 14, 2011

Thankful!

I had the best of intentions but a very busy week has kept me away from posting much at all!
Last week was filled with appointments, school things and alot of sick kids and a very tired mommy! Everyone has been fighting off a nasty cold, cough and sore throat bug that seems to be going around! Over the last week, I have been thankful for many things, instead of going day by day to catch up, I would like to just list some things that I've found myself being thankful and happy for this last week.

I am thankful for my midwife that delivered Grace, I saw her last week and was again reminded of the care, compassion and support that she has shown me since March.
I am thankful for my son Tyler's teacher at school, I had a conference with her last week and I just have to say I am so very thankful he is in her class, it is right where I think he needs to be!
I am so thankful for my mother. We've had our share of rough times, but I am truly blessed to have her. She has been an immense help since March and I love the way she loves my children.
I am thankful for the Veterans of our country, I am thankful for the sacrifice of them and thier families. Having been a Navy family for 9 years I truly appreciate all they do.
I am thankful for my husband job/coworkers. I am thankful that he is able to work with such caring and supportive people who make his workday better.
I am thankful for my mother in law. She as well has been a huge help the last few months as well!
I am thankful for the life I have been given. Adam and I got married when we were 19 and 20 and over the last 9 years we have been through alot, alot more than alot of people will ever go through in thier entire lives but we always come out better because of it. I am thankful that I know that, and that I know that someday we will be able to say that about losing Grace, it's far off I know but I am thankful I have him to help me through this and am glad that he is the one that the Lord chose for me.

Despite everyone having pretty yucky coughs and colds we had a great weekend! Usually we put our Christmas tree up and Adam's village up either the day after Thanksgiving or the day after our 2nd sons birthday, the fisrt week of December but Adam kept asking if we could do it earlier since last year we were moving at Christmas time we didn't put it up. So I said "why not?" and we put it all up this weekend and I had so much fun with my kids and husband eating cookies, drinking cocoa and decorating! We were given Groupons for the African Safari wildlife park that is about an hour away so we took the kids to that yesterday and it was just a great time! You drive through and can feed Llama's Deer, Buffalo, Moose, and Texas longhorns food through your windows! It was crazy. They made huge messes in our van and stuck thier heads right in and it was just so funny, definately not something we had ever expirienced!

No comments:

Post a Comment