Tuesday, December 27, 2011

9 months

Today Grace would have been 9 months old. 9 months was always a big deal to me, I don't know why it just feels like a big month. As always, I wonder what she would be like. I wonder how big she would have been, what size clothes she would have been in. When she died, she was squeezing into 3-6 mos still but most were on their way out and the majority were 6-9 and sometimes even a 12 mo since her clothes needed to be a little roomier than most. I wonder what she would think of all the rain we've been having, she would have hated it I'm sure. One drop hitting her probably would have really made her angry. (Not that she would have been in the rain much...) I think she would have liked sitting and watching the lights on the Christmas tree and I think the noise of the wrapping paper would have annoyed her.
Not a second goes by that I don't think of her or miss her.
Happy 9 month Birthday my Beautiful Girl.

3 comments:

  1. She would have been annoyed by christmas in general, all the people and talking and excitement. I miss her so much, she was just so amazing to be around. Every day that goes by is a paradox. I am sad because she has been gone for longer, but happy because I am one day closer to seeing her again, in heaven.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Miranda, and makes me tear up and smile simultaneously... what touches me, so very much, is how your understanding of your sweet girl's personality and preferences shines through. This isn't a sugar-coated fantasy... this is the pure love of Mama. Thinking of, and praying for, you both today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you, Miranda, and your sweet Grace. That 9 months mark has always been a big deal to me as well - because they were on the outside as long as they were on the inside. I'm sorry you didn't get longer to cherish your Grace, although I am always touched to realize how much she is still cherished even though she is not 'here' with you.

    Hugs.
    Corinne, Samuel's mama

    ReplyDelete