Wednesday, May 22, 2013

May 23, 2003

10 years ago, I was all of 19 years old and Adam was 20. We had been dating for over 2 years and had been doing the long distance thing for around 8 months. We were so young (of course, we didn't think so at the time!) but we knew what we wanted, we knew that what we shared, was real, was truly "true love". People said we were stupid,we were too young (which, hey I get now, 19 is REALLY young!) we had very little support. So little support actually that we didn't tell anyone back home that we were getting married. Nobody knew for about 2 weeks. We knew that getting married was what was right for us, even if nobody else thought so. If we were making a mistake like we were told, we were old enough to decide that for ourselves. It was somewhat scary to do something that so many were against but I will never regret it for a second. Now, more than ever I believe that God orchestrates every piece of our lives and that on May 23, 2003 I was supposed to marry Adam Hall regardless of what many were telling me. I am so glad I did. I will never regret it. Never ever did I think that the past 10 years would play out like they did. They have been harder and more heartbreaking and filled with so much more hardships than I ever ever could have imagined. But, they have been more beautiful, more amazing, more full and joyous than I could have ever hoped for. We haven't always seen eye to eye on things, and oh man, there have been some hard years. The first year and the second year, were to be honest, close to awful. We got married, and 6 wks later we learned we were expecting our first child ( I was 19! sheesh!) and a week or so after that, Adam went on his first submarine deployment ( I think they might be different now? But when we went through it, it was sketchy email communications only and no contact for weeks at a time) and then he had long hours and duty days when he got back and then another deployment, during which our oldest son was born. He found out about his sons birth through a red cross message and met him when he was one month old! It was a rough year! There were times I wasn't sure we would make it through! But we've been through a total of 15 months of him being out to sea, 4 cross country moves, 7 houses, numerous times of living in hotels, and Navy lodges and staying with family during transition/relocation times. Transition from Navy to Civilian life ( never thought it would be so tough) car accidents,completion of a bachelors degree,buying a house, and so so much more.  We have weathered so many storms, we've been through so much. We've welcomed five amazing children and we've felt our hearts break over the loss of a pregnancy and the absolute hardest thing we have went through as a couple is undoubtedly the 4.5 mos  with Grace in the NICU and her death. My heart absolutely broke witnessing him learn of her death.He wanted his little girl so much.  We grieved differently, as I suppose most men and women do, and sometimes that was/is really hard, but there's nobody who could have helped me through this like he has. I hope I've been as good to him as he has to me. Nobody in this world knows me like he does and I'm certain that if anyone did, they wouldn't speak to me again! This man accepts every single flaw I have and puts up with every single crazy hormonal meltdown or tirade I throw his way and then tells me he loves me and that I am beautiful . I am blessed beyond belief to be his wife and mother of his children. I love you forever, Adam and I would marry you again in a heartbeat and I look forward to the next 10 years, and the next 10 after that and so on and so on. Thank you for the best 10 years of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment